17 Facts About Me
1. I have never had a cup of coffee.
2. The first country I travelled to was Namibia.
3. I am location-independent and regularly juggle clients in multiple countries and time zones (you will, however, never find me in a cold-weather destination).
4. I adore board games and wordplay. I’ve only been defeated in Scrabble by six people ever.
5. Contrastingly, I have never won Monopoly.
6. Growing up, people told me being a writer wasn’t “a real job”. I guess it is…
7. Writing is rewarding for so many reasons. One is knowing that there are people out there in the big wide world who find beauty in your words.
8. I love editing because it forces you to question what you know. Also, the hard part (the writing) has already been done.
9. The most fun I probably ever had while researching a story was attending an Afrobeat festival honouring Nigerian musician Fela Kuti… in Buenos Aires.
10. Courtesy is one of the things I value the most.
11. I’m not a perfectionist but…
12. I never submit work that I’m not proud to have my name attached to.
13. Is there a better reason to travel somewhere than to try the food?
14. I travel with my own “emergency” tea.
15. British English is my default, but I can take the “u” out of “colour” if need be.
16. My accent has been called “a tangled Transatlantic drawl”.
17. I feel honoured to have worked with passionate clients and powerhouse media brands all around the world over the years… and I’d love to work with you, too.
Let’s connect on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram or email me right here.